Old professor recommendations and a thesis advisor are linedup for a Fall '10 Anthropology program. My problem is defaulted loans and the University is asking for a copy of the transcript BEFORE I can get it out of default. I've sent paperwork to repay the loans through a payment plan but I am lost on how to release the hold from my old college to obtain an official transcript.
I've read about negotiating for an early release with the lender if I were paying a lump sum. But all my loans for each semester are lumped together. There isn't much leverage to negotiate on one loan if the collection agency is seeking to write off all eight loans.
Bit of quandary. Any suggestions, words of advice?